Andrew: Mommy, Mommy!
Mommy: What, love?
A: Daddy broke the light bulb!
M: What happened?
A: Daddy broke the light bulb! See! (pointing to the lamp in the family room, which has lost its shade)
M: Oh, the lamp shade fell off? That's okay. How did it happen?
A: Daddy did it. And I put the light bulb in time out.
M: You put it in time out??... (looks at Andrew's time out corner and, indeed, sees the lamp shade there) Why did you put it in time out?
A: Because.
M: I'll fix it.
A: No, you can't. Daddy broke it.
M: I can fix it.
(After the shade has been put back on the lamp)
A: Daddy, Daddy! Mommy fixed the light bulb!!
Daddy: That's great! Mommy is good at fixing things, huh?
A: Yes. Mommy can fix things.
D: And I can fix things, too.
A: No, Daddy. You don't fix things. You break things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOL!! Smart kid.
Love Andrew's story
Post a Comment